TEXLA Housing Partners is a real estate firm specializing in the acquisition, reposition,ing and management of student housing and multi-family properties. The firm through its joint ventures and management affiliates currently manages assets throughout the U.S. exceeding $250MM+ in value.
Roger Phillips Principal - CEO
Roger has over 20 years of experience in the acquisition, development and management of multi-family and student housing properties throughout the U.S.
Career highlights include:
– Acquired, Developed and disposed of approximately $750 million in conventional and student housing real estate throughout the U.S.
– Closed financings including tax-exempt bonds and conventional including Agency and HUD.
– Worked for national student-housing firms including JPI and American Campus Communities and CLV(former Century Development)
Roger holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Louisiana State University.
Sandy Phillips Principal of THP PM Group, LLC (Management)
Sandy has over 20 years of multi-family and student housing property management experience. She has held positions with national student housing firms including Ambling Companies and Campus Living Villages.
Career highlights include:
– Current oversees an 8-asset portfolio valued at approximately $200M.
– Spearheaded operational repositioning of multiple projects with values in excess of $200M.
– Served in successive property management roles, from leasing agent to property manager of several multi-family and student housing assets.
Paul Kratzer Director Capital Projects
Paul is a 27 year veteran of the Commercial real estate industry working as an asset manager and disposition officer for developers and national portfolio owners of apartment, office, retail and self storage properties and as a commercial mortgage banker. Some of Paul’s career highlights include:
– Experienced mortgage broker originating conduit and conventional loans for commercial properties
– Responsible for acquisition and subsequent disposition of performing, sub and non-performing commercial loans for FDIC, RTC and private investors
– Progressed from accountant to GM for H.C. Partners in Lafayette, LA responsible for over 2,500 multi-family units
– Project Manager for MOB, Industrial Warehouse and Retail center developments with asset values at approximately $25M.
– Veteran of the U.S. Air Force
Education: B.S. in Accounting from the University of Southwestern Louisiana (UL-LAFAYETTE)
– Certified Property Manager (CPM)
– CCIM, Certified Member
– Licensed Broker in Louisiana, Florida, Kentucky & Texas
Louie Phillips Director of PR(Pet Relations)
Louie “Lou” Phillips, TEXLA’s newest PR director (pet relations), is being promoted from his position as personal assistant to owner Sandy Phillips, where he was responsible for lifting moods, wagging his tail, looking utterly adorable and mid-afternoon naps. He brings with him a drive for long runs, not walks, and greets everyone he meets with a lick. His grooming is top-notch and he always carries himself in a professional manner.